We all know the drill when it comes to exams and assignments…one word : all-nighter. What follows after an all-nighter is anything but pretty; puffy eyes, dry lips, pale skin and greasy hair. The hardest thing to accomplish that morning is how to look more awake and filled with life. Besides jumping quick into makeup to accomplish less dull skin,follow these steps first:
1) Heat up olive oil for 30 seconds then massage under the skin to tighten and constrict the skin. After you are done with that, exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells.
2) If you have time, place cold cucumbers under the eyes or tea bags to diminish the appearances of puffiness or dark circles.
3) Excessively splash cold water on the eye area–cold water helps in minimizing puffiness.
4) Take a shower if you can, we all know how badly one needs a shower after an all-nighter!
5) Apply foundation and concealer. (TIP, do not apply to much foundation on days you didn’t have sleep, it will work against you, try to apply not more than 2 pumps).
6) Apply a rosy blush along the cheekbones.
7) Highlight your face (on the bridge of your nose, under your eyebrows, on your forehead and on your chin). This will give you a more glow, which is necessary seeing that lack of sleep causes the skin to be less dull than usual. We all know that sleep is necessary for good skin after all so highlight and contour your face if you didn’t get any sleep.
8) Stay away from any dark colored lipstick and apply pink, nudes or even red lipstick shades to give the appearance that you are more alive than you really are (what they don’t know won’t hurt them).
9) DRESS UP FIERCELY. When you dress up people will focus more on how awesome and put together your outfit is. It will give the illusion that you spent time planning this outfit out, therefore you had good sleep even though you didn’t
10) Make sure to apply mascara(eyelash extensions if you can). Stay away from dark eye-shadows liquid eyeliners and kohl eyeliners. Anything dark will make you more tired looking. Brighten up your eyes with corals, gold, copper, or any eye shadow that is bright and top it off with white eyeliner.
11) Of course one mustn’t forget to fill in their eyebrows! Eyebrows are everything when it comes to beauty. If you don’t believe me, look at the picture below:
And the last final tip : Sleep is your friend. Sleep is where your skin repairs itself so try to not miss out on any sleep if you can!